Scientific Experimental Factory
SAFETY GUIDELINES ON THE
PROPER USAGE OF PYROTECHNICS
fireworks is an enjoyable experience. But we should not forget that improper usage of
fireworks could be dangerous not only to ourselves but to others as well. We should
therefore exert all effort to make sure that we do so in a most responsible manner.
- Buy only fireworks products manufactured
by licensed manufacturers pre ferrably with a proven track record of producing safe,
quality fireworks. Do not buy generic fireworks with no labels identifying the
manufacturer. Do not buy illegal and illegal sized fireworks.
- Always read instructions carefully before
using the fireworks.
- Keep away from children. Do not have any
kind of fireworks lying around. Do not eat. Children should be advised on the proper usage
of fireworks. Strict adult supervision is required for minors to use fireworks.
- Never drink alcoholic beverages before
- Keep fireworks away from fire or other
lighted flames or cigarettes.
- Keep fireworks dry. Store in a cool and
dry place. Do not store wet fireworks or attempt to dry wet fireworks.
- Do not pick up unlit/unexploded
- Do not light while holding fireworks in
hand specially fires except for hand held pyrotechnics like sparklers.
- Do not put any part of your body over the
direct firing line of a firework, lit or unlit. Light fireworks at arms length and
immediately retire to a safe distance.
- When lighting fireworks, take into
consideration wind direction and wind velocity. Do not fire if wind is strong.
- Do not fire near flammable objects. Do
not fire towards other people. Do not fire near your stock of fireworks. Your stock of
fireworks should be at a safe distance away from your firing site and should be kept in a
closed container where it won't be easily lighted by wayward fireworks.
- Close all doors and windows of your homes
during New Year to keep wayward fireworks from entering your house and igniting flammable
- Always use fireworks as intended. Do not
dissect fireworks. Do not assemble your own firework. Trying to get the powder might cause
- Always follow the required distances for
- Do not fool around with fireworks. Never
pull pranks or try scaring people with it.
- Do not use candles to light fireworks.
Use joss sticks, cigarettes or mosquito coils.
- Wear eye protection devices like goggles
or glasses. Wear cotton or denims. Do not wear synthetic clothing like polyester. Wear
shoes and not slipers to protect the feet and wear long and not short pants.
- Keep a bucket of water or a hose nearby
to put out fire immediately.
- If you have doubts as to the safeness of
firing the fireworks, STOP.
- Do not store failed or reject fireworks.
Fireworks which fail to ignite or does not perform as intended should never be stored in
- Open fireworks only when about to use.
Never open near any open flames or lit cigarettes.
- Always clean your surrounding once you
finish firing fireworks. Roamning children have a habit of looking for unexploded
- Keep a first aid kit nearby for
treatment of burns. When wounded, consult a doctor.